I found an excellent TN that can save some time. Maybe you already have to create a derived metric that was calculate using all attribute that you have in the report objects and not in the grid and you couldn’t find a way to do that. There is a hidden option that you can enable to allow that option.
You just have these steps:
- Locate the XML file sys_defaults.xml which can be found in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroStrategy\Web ASPx\WEB-INF\xml.
- Right-click on this file and edit it using a text editor.
- Search for the showAggFromBaseOnMetricEditor flag and change it from the default value of 0 to 1.
- Save and close.
- Restart Web Server.
- Log into Web, create a new report with the desired attributes and metrics, run the report, and create a new Derived Metric.
- As can be seen in the screenshot below, the Aggregate from base setting is now available, whereas previously it did not appear.
- Note that this setting can only be applied in Web, however, it will take effect when reports are run via Desktop or Web.
- This setting can be used to calculate a Derived Metric at the level of an attribute that is in the Reports Objects window but not on the grid.
Hope it helps.
God bless you
Copied from https://community.microstrategy.com/t5/Web/TN41447-The-ability-to-create-a-Derived-Metric-that-calculates/ta-p/191356