Hello there !
Today let’s talk about removing the “Metric” column forever in MicroStrategy Web !!!
I always have to remove the extra column (web only) for every grid that I create in MicroStrategy, because I just don’t like seeing that there. But sometimes is very boring doing that everytime that I create a new report or grid in a document. So, if you are like me that simply don’t like that extra column, here is a very good tip to remove it forever from your Microstrategy Web visualization.
To do that you just have to:
1. Make sure the language that you are using in your projects in MicroStrategy web. To see which language your project is setup, just go enter in a project, go to Web Preferences -> Project Defaults -> Language.
2. Go to the folder where your MicroStrategy Web is installer. If you use IIS, go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroStrategy\Web ASPx\WEB-INF\classes\resources or C:\Program Files\MicroStrategy\Web ASPx\WEB-INF\classes\resources. If you use Tomcat, C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat X\webapps\MicroStrategy\WEB-INF\classes\resources (where X is the version of your installed Tomcat ).
3. Edit the MessagesBundle specific to the language that you use in your MicroStrategy Web. In my case I use English, so I’m going to edit the MessagesBundle_en_US.properties file. If I was using Spanish, for example, I just have to edit the MessagesBundle_es.properties file, and so on.
4. Open the file in notepad (or other text edit of your choice) and find the word “Metrics”.
5. In version 9.4.1 Hotfix 3, just delete the word “metrics” from the “mstrWeb.962” content, andadd blank a space.
6. After that, restart MicroStrategy Web. If you use IIS, click in: Start, click Run type IISReset, and then click OK. If Tomcat, go to Tomcat Monitor and restart your web server.
7. Now, create a new report and you will see, when you execute it, that the “Metrics” column has just gone forever!!
Enjoy it! Hope it helps!
God bless you.