Today let’s talk about how to configure ESRI in Microstrategy 9.4.1.
MicroStrategy we can integrate ESRI to display information in a map using geocode data. For MicroStrategy 9.4.1, we can request a free ESRI license to MicroStrategy Support. For that, you just need to Open a case in https://resource.microstrategy.com/support/ and ask Microstrategy for that license.
There are 2 different ways to configure ESRI in 9.4.1, one for the default installation and with hotfix 1 and another one to hotfix 2 and above.
For 9.4.1 without hotfix and hotfix 1:
- Browse to locate ESRIconfig.xml file, that is located at:
- For MicroStrategy Web ASP: …\MicroStrategy\Web Aspx \web-inf\xml\config\”esriconfig.xml”
- For MicroStrategy Web JSP: …\MicroStrategy\web-inf\xml\config\”esriconfig”
- Enter your ESRI license key into the configuration file as shown below:
Re-start the Web Server for the key to take effect.
For 9.4.1 with hotfix 2 and above:
- If the ESRI key has been requested go to step 3,
- If using existing key, copy it from the file located in [Web Server Location]\WEB-INF\xml\config\esriConfig.xml
- Manually create a folder structure in [Web Server Location]\plugins\ConnectorForESRIMap\WEB-INF\xml\config
- Download the esriConfig.xml file included below:
- Open this esriConfig file and add the key copied from step 1
- <key>[copied key]</key>
- Save the file and place it under [Web Server Location]\plugins\ConnectorForESRIMap\WEB-INF\xml\config.
- Restart the web server.
Hope it helps!
God bless you!